Learning Outside the Classroom
Forest School/ Environmental Studies
For all children to engage confidently with the natural environment and gain a broad range of outdoor knowledge, understanding and skill.
- Learn to be responsible and interact positively with the outdoor environment.
- Develop social skills, independency and imagination.
- Develop exploration, risk taking, problem solving and natural enquiry.
- Make strong curriculum links.
- Plan and undertake regularly varied outdoor learning sessions to reinforce a broad range of classroom themes.
- Utilise outdoor activities to develop social interactions and team work.
- Use basic tools confidently and safely.
- Engage in fire lighting, outdoor cooking and knot tying.
- Recognise and name common fauna and flora in the local environment.
- Successfully reinforce classroom learning to support children’s understanding of real-world situations.
- Respect for the outdoors and the ability to take responsible actions when engaging with the outdoor environment.
- Successfully undertake practical skills.
- Confident in the outdoor environment and will recognise and name common fauna and flora.