Welcome to the Year 1 class page!
Spring 2 2024
Welcome back! We hope you had a lovely half term.
This half term our history topic is 'Wonderful Women!' We will be learning about some significant women in history, such as Rosa Parks, Emily Davison and Florence Nightingale, and what impact they had then and now.
We will also be:
- reading fairy tales and a selection of 'Katie Morag' stories in English
- exploring the forest and learning about British mammals in science
- exploring the question 'What are the best symbols of Jesus' death and resurrection?' in RE
- learning about Van Gogh, exploring colour mixing and developing printing skills
- making pictograms in computing lessons.
Don't forget that:
PE is on Wednesday mornings and Friday afternoons this half term - please ensure your child's PE kit is always in school
Our Library slot is on a Thursday afternoon
Homework is set on a Thursday and is due in on a Tuesday
A pair of trainers and wellies should be kept in school every day for play time
Wellies and coats will be needed every Monday when going to the forest
All uniform must be labelled with your child's name
Have a look below at our timetable, curriculum overview, curriculum information letter and Knowledge Organisers which will give you more insight into our learning. Keep looking at the page throughout the year for updates on what we have been up to and the fun we have had together!
Mrs Wilson and Mrs Styles