Welcome to the Year 1 class page!
Autumn 1 2023
Welcome to year 1! We hope you had a wonderful summer.
We are looking forward to a fantastic year ahead with lots of exciting learning experiences. This half term our topic is 'Toy Story' with a focus on changes in living memory. The children will be comparing toys today to toys that their grandparents had as children and they will organise a Grandparent's Toy Tea Party to share their toys with each other.
We will also be:
- reading stories with predictable phrases
- writing a recount of a scene from the film 'Toy Story'
- exploring colour mixing and the work of Paul Klee
- learning about the four seasons
- finding out who Christians are and what they believe
- learning about online safety and technology outside of school
Don't forget that:
PE is on Tuesday afternoons and Wednesday mornings - please ensure your child's PE kit is always in school
Our Library slot is on a Thursday afternoon
Homework is set on a Thursday and is due in on a Tuesday
A pair of trainers and wellies should be kept in school every day
Have a look below at our timetable, curriculum overview, curriculum information letter and Knowledge Organisers which will give you more insight into our learning. Keep looking at the page throughout the year for updates on what we have been up to and the fun we have had together!
Mrs Wilson and Mrs Styles